Sunday, July 7, 2013

TV Over Fireplace

In order to maximize the space in our living room, we decided to mount the TV over the fireplace. 

Now... deciding to do it and actually doing it are two verrrry different things! But we got it done! Thanks to my hard-working husband and our friend Andrew, who just so happens to be an electrician!

Here it is: 


I still have to paint over the spackled holes on the right side, but try to ignore that. That is what I will do until I feel like opening up that can of paint again... 

Now we can get rid of the crappy TV stand we bought while still in college! And Ian is so very excited about the fact that his beloved recliner is now allowed to be downstairs. And I won't lie, I've used it just as often as he has! So it's a win-win! 

Since I still have the two ends of the mantel, I'm not sad about losing all that space. I typically only decorated the two ends pre-TV anyway with the exception of during the holidays. But we'll make it work! Now if only we could make our cable box work for the channels in the 200's... that's an issue for another day! 

No comments: