Monday, May 27, 2013

Dining Room Reveal

I finally found a picture of what our dining room looked like when we first moved into our house. It was red... for some reason, so was every other dining room that we looked at when house hunting. I think it was a fad. This picture is from the actual night that we closed on the house and it became ours!

 
 
I decided that this room was the first thing that had to be changed! I wanted it to be gray. What it turned out being was more of a light bluish gray. At the time, ANYTHING was better than the red but as time went on, I realized I still wasn't satisfied with it, but here is the blue-gray:
 

 
I also had the curtains hanging up in this picture. I need to find and re-hang them. 

So here it is now without the mirror or the curtains. I just hadn't hung the mirror back up because the paint was drying still. 


I don't know if you can tell a difference in the color but in person you definitely can. The walls look much better with the rug. I also took the bench out of there and put the 4 chairs around the table. But now that I'm looking at the before picture I kind I want to put the bench back!

What I still want to do in this room:
-get French doors
-take those blinds down
-hang curtains back up (should I do black again?)

  What do you think??
 

No comments: